Grab Mine & I'll Grab Yours

Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013

Painted Wine Glasses






I love polka dots and chevrons. I think I could do up my entire house in polka dots and chevrons. And owls. Owls, too.

Today's craft was super simple, but a little bit time-consuming, polka dotting my four wine glasses. I got four done in less than three Doctor Who episodes.

(I'm watching season four, and ~~~~~ SPOILER ALERT FOR NEW WHOVIANS ~~~~









Rose just got a Doctor Double and kissed him. :::swoon::: I love Rose. I was so sad when she went away. It was good to see her today. 







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/end spoiler

Anyway, I made these in less than three episodes.

All you do is find some acrylic paints and paint away! You can do whatever you'd like. For this batch, I used the tips of pencil erasers to dot paint onto my glasses. I think I'll do up four more with chevrons next time.

When you're done paining, let them dry for an hour, then pop them into a cold oven. Set the oven to 350F and leave them in there for half an hour. Now, turn the oven off and leave the glasses there until it's all cooled off in the oven. Poof! Your paint is set.

Don't go wrecking your new DIY wine glasses by popping these into the dishwasher. No. Wash these beauties by hand with mild soap and water, then let them air dry.

Painted Wine Glasses





total time spent: ~3 hours
total cost to me: $2 per tube of acrylic paint
craftiness level: beginniner

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen