Grab Mine & I'll Grab Yours

Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013

Coffee Filter Wreath








This one was almost comical. 

I bought glue sticks the other day, and they turned out to be way too big for my glue gun. And I can't find any smaller ones around me. 

I live in Bavaria. Not the land of Hobby Lobby. This becomes an issue occasionally.

Like today, when I wanted to make this craft. 

So, my lovely husband cut my giant glue sticks down to size, except that they weren't the right shape for the gun to "pull" the glue into itself. So I sort of had to shove it in while also balancing a delicate foam wreath base and a paper coffee filter on a marker. Yeah. 

Can you guess what came next?

I broke my glue gun. 

So, I had to go out and buy a new one several days later in order to finish my wreath. 

Anyway, it came out nice, I think. Very full. Frilly. If you avoid my pitfalls by choosing the proper glue stick size, you will have no trouble knocking this out in an afternoon. I finished it (once I got my glue gun situation handled) in under three hours. 

You'll need a full pack of 200 basket-style disposable coffee filters, a wreath form, some hot glue, a glue gun, something to push the filters onto the wreath with (the original tutorial suggested a lidded Sharpie, so that's what I used, and it worked), and a way to hang it. 


Coffee Filter Wreath (link)



total cost to me, not including new glue gun: $3
total time spent: a little less than three hours
craftiness level: beginner

Tip: You can use this wreath year-round if you make several buntings for it. I can see myself using a JOY bunting for Christmas, LOVE for Valentine's Day, USA for Independence Day, BOO for Halloween, and maybe even FALL for autumn. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen