Grab Mine & I'll Grab Yours

Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Oh, Sweet Honey Iced Tea

Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

Looking Ahead



Found in Savannah, GA

Hoo boy, do I ever have a busy week month ahead of me! In addition to homeschooling and keeping the house somewhat acceptably clean, I've got a homeschool geology class over an hour away (this week and next are the last two classes), a PE class and a critical thinking class that are nearby and ongoing, and...AND...I've decided to take part in NaNoWriMo 2013. I must have lost my freaking mind. 

NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writers Month, an annual novel writing contest in November. You bleed words onto paper for thirty days in an effort to pump out a novel on a deadline. 

See? Mind. Lost. 

Being a writer -- a real writer of books -- is something I have dreamed of doing since my second grade short story writing contest. I remember what I wrote: A Day in the Life of an Ant. My mother still has it in her cedar chest. It was actually really good, but it didn't win the contest. Later in my childhood, a movie came out. You may have heard of it.  A Bug's Life. It was my story, told in film. I still can't get over the fact that a story I wrote in second grade became a film. No, they didn't use my manuscript. hehehehe Still. You know. I wrote that. 

In my other free moments (yeah, right), I need to prepare meals and finish projects. I've got this coffee table that I've been meaning to finish for months now. 

I employ child labor in my craft projects. 

When I'm done, it'll look something like this (I hope): 

Image from Centsational Girl. Click image to visit her. 
Tomorrow I'll share my busy week meal plan. It's heavily reliant on slow cookers and quick meals. I need hands-off cooking, but I also need healthy meals. 

Thanksgiving is coming! I've got to pull some of my ideas together and make a plan for that. I need to beef up my Pinterest board for Thanksgiving ideas so that I have things to fall back on. 

Oh, and my oldest daughter turns fifteen in November, too, just a week before Thanksgiving. So there's a party to plan. 

Then there's the matter of exercise. It has to happen. If only there was a way to exercise while sitting stock-still, slaving over a novel. Sigh. I think I'll stick with walking and yoga and my kettle bells. 

This post is linked to Sunday Social Blog Hop, Blog Hop Blitz, Sunday Funday

2 Kommentare:

  1. This is the way this time of year! We have the holiday stuff, three birthdays, soccer tournaments, etc. All good stuff!

    Visiting you from the blog hop blitz - look forward to reading more of you!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Michelle!

    Wow, good luck with NaNoWriMo! I've been thinking about it too, but I feel like I've got a lot going at the moment, so maybe next year for me.

    I just saw your previous post about losing weight. Would you like to be weight loss pals? I'm trying to lose some weight too. We could email each other from time to time and just check in if you want?

    take care,
    Toni
    p.s. what an honor to be your first Bloglovin' follower!

    AntwortenLöschen